What we think and feel impacts how we behave. We may think we're flying under the radar, but a leader's inner world has so much influence on the people around him or her, that neuroscientists consider your brain to be the most important one in the building. Feeling grumpy in the corner office? Well, so does the guy in shipping now, too. Emotions spread like viruses, they're contagious. That's power. And powerful. Because ultimately, it affects the bottom line of your business, It impacts how teams work together--or don't. And the quality of the well-being of everyone around you. Happier workers make better employees. They're better problem solvers, have more creative ideas, are more enthusiastic and pleasant to be around, and are better leaders in their own right.
It makes smart strategic sense for leaders to be self-aware: of their inner world, and the way it impacts their behaviors. A leader who has self-awareness is more able to lead skillfully and masterfully. To delegate appropriately. Take smart calculated risks. To stretch themselves and inspire others. To even ask for help when they don't have the answers themselves.
Entry points for coaching:
- Goal Clarification, Goal Setting, and Goal Prioritizing: we work together on clarifying where you are right now and where you want to end up. Many people find the process of goal clarification to be uplifting and energizing as they discover talents, resources, and strengths they hadn't realized are part of who they've been all along.
- ShiftPositive 360-Degree Leadership Assessment: 360 assessments have long been used in industry to help develop leaders. Or, that's what they were intended to do. Instead, it's no secret that they often leave the leader or manager wounded and demoralized. The ShiftPositive 360, however, is inspired by the best of what the traditional 360s were meant to do, but it swiftly veers 180 degrees away. This is an assessment that allows even the respondents to be reflective of their own motivations--and, to engage them in the leader's change process after the assessment is complete. Because respondents' answers are not anonymous, and because the questions are designed to uncover the best in the leader, this 360 both cultivates and enhances relationships, while opening channels of communication that may never have existed before. It uplifts everyone involved, including the leader.
- Culture Audits: Often, leadership is the last to know under what premise their employees are really operating. If you don't all share the same vision and cultural understanding, you're not working effectively--and that's affecting your organization's productivity and bottom line. I conduct interviews with teams (or whole workplaces) to discover what the often hidden and prevailing beliefs are about your organization.
- Strengths Development: The best teams are comprised of people who have complementary strengths (the things people are naturally good at that energize them). Interestingly, people don't always know their own strengths, and frequently they're not using them at work--which means their talent is wasted, they're likely disengaged, and the organization doesn't get the benefit of all that energy and potential. There are many strengths assessments on the market. I prefer the one that's free and rooted in the science of Positive Psychology, the VIA (Values in Action).
- Workshop Presentations: crafted to your needs
- Meeting Facilitation: guiding your team through a process with an unbiased pro at the helm
- Speech writing and development: leaders are often called on to speak publicly. My many years in the publishing and radio industries, and, my own award-winning story telling, makes me a unique partner to help you find your most inspired and inspiring voice, get you on your feet, and sharing what you know with confidence, credibility, passion, and ease.
- One-on-One Coaching to implement learning and knowledge. This is where the rubber meets the road. Coaching accelerates success. Whether you're already succeeding and want to go faster and farther, or you want to find your footing, coaching is remarkable for the way it delivers the best of you back to you to take the necessary steps forward.
I meet my clients on the phone, virtually, or in person for sessions that last from 45-minutes to an hour.
Speechwriting and development sessions typically last longer, from one to two hours in a shot.
Call it field work, homework, or accountability projects. What makes coaching successful is the work you do between sessions.
I'm here between sessions by email for unlimited check-ins, as needed, at no extra charge.